Return to "Campwægn" page.
Getæl nīwra worda and earfoðra wordaAdiht
DO NOT DELETE THIS SECTION
Note that in this list: "ȝ"=IPA "j", "ċ"=IPA "t͡ʃ", "sċ"=IPA "ʃ", and "ċȝ"=IPA "d͡ːʒ".
Note that etymologies or rationales for the Old English neologisms should be put after the Modern English translation in square brackets, like so:
Abbreviations used are: sm/sn/sf = strong masculine/neuter/feminine; wm/wn/wf = weak masculine/neuter/feminine; indecm/indecn/indecf = indeclinable masculine/neuter/feminine; w-dec. = w-declension; u-dec. = u declension; i-mut. = i-mutated; pl. = plural; aj = adjective; desc. = modifier for a noun (a "describer") other than an adjective; av = adverb; w1/w2/w3 = weak verb class; s1/s2/.../s7b = strong verb class.
- beltsċēotendsearu (e-dec. sn) - machine gun
- beorgcampwæȝn (sm) - tank
- campwæȝn (sm) - tank
- drīfsearu (w-dec. sn) - motor, engine
- fǣrbelt (sm) - track
- fōrrǣw (sf) - mobile line of combat
- grēatstrǣlbǣre (aj) - large-calibre
- hēafodsċēotendsearu (w-dec. sn) - main gun
- hēafodweorc (sn) - primary task
- herecampwæȝn (sm) - military tank