7. Æfterran Gēolan
(Edlǣded of 7 Æfterra Gēola)
|Þis geƿrit hæfþ ƿordcƿide on Nīƿenglisce.|
- 1325 - Alfonso IV ƿierþ cyning Portugales.
- 1558 - Francland nimþ Calais, þā last continental āgnung Englalandes.
- 1566 - Pius V ƿierþ pāpa.
- 1598 - Boris Godunov seizes the throne Russlandes.
- 1601 - Robert Devereux, Earl of Essex leads revolt in London against Queen Elizabeth
- 1610 - Galileo Galilei observes þā fēoƿer grīetestan mōnan Jupiteres for the first time. He named them and in turn the four are called the Galilean moons.
- 1782 - The first American commercial bank opens (Bank Norþamerican).
- 1785 - Frencisc Jean-Pierre Blanchard and Americanisc John Jeffries travel from Dover, Englaland to Calais, Francland in a gas balloon, becoming the first to cross the Sūþsǣ by air.
- 1789 - First nationwide Geānlǣht Underrīcu election.
- 1835 - HMS Beagle anchors off the Chonos Archipelago.
- 1894 - W.K. Dickson receives a patent for motion picture film.
- 1896 - Fannie Farmer publishes her first cookbook.
- 1901 - Alferd Packer is released from prison after serving 18 years for cannibalism.
- 1904 - The distress signal "CQD" is established only to be replaced two years later by "SOS."
- 1911 - Mary Pickford marries Owen Moore.
- 1922 - Dāli Ēireann ratifies the Anglo-Irish Treaty by 64-57 votes.
- 1924 - George Gershwin completes Rhapsody in Blue.
- 1926 - George Burns marries Gracie Allen.
- 1927 - Formest geondatlantisc feorrspreca call - Nīƿeoforƿīċburg tō Lundene.
- 1927 - The Harlem Globetrotters play their first game.
- 1935 - Ōðru Woruldgūþ: Benito Mussolini and Frencisc Foreign Minister Pierre Laval sign the Italo-French agreements.
- 1942 - Ōðru Woruldgūþ: Siege of the Bataan Peninsula begins.
- 1945 - Britisc heretoga Bernard Montgomery holds a press conference in which he claims credit for victory in the Battle of the Bulge.
- 1953 - Foresittend Harry Truman announces that þā Geānlǣhtan Underrīcu has developed a hydrogen bomb.
- 1954 - The first public demonstration of a machine translation system was held in Nīƿe Eoforƿīċ at the head office of IBM.
- 1959 - Þā Geānlǣht Underrīcu recognizes the new Cuban government of Fidel Castro
- 1974 - How to Survive a Marriage debuts on the NBC television network in þǣm Geānlǣhtan Underrīcum. In the 90-minute premiere, the first nude scene on network television was seen (albeit only in theory, as the nudity was not seen and merely implied).
- 1975 - OPEC agrees to raise crude oil prices by 10%.
- 1979 - Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge are overthrown by Vietnamese troops.
- 1980 - Foresittend Jimmy Carter authorizes legislation giving $1.5 billion in loans to bail out Chrysler Corporation.
- 1984 - Brunei becomes the sixth member of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
- 1989 - Akihito Æðeling fēhð to rīce swa Iapan Cāsere.
- 1990 - The Leaning Tower of Pisa is closed to the public due to safety concerns.
- 1996 - One of the worst blizzards in Americanisc stǣr hits eastern states killing more than 100.
- 1997 - A team of programmers at the University of Regensburg, Þēodiscland releases Tibia, one of the earliest graphical MMORPGs.
- 1999 - The impeachment trial of Foresittend Bill Clinton begins.
- 1502 - Pope Gregory XIII (d. 1585)
- 1539 - Sebastiān de Covarrubias Horozco, Spēonisc wordbōcmann
- 1612 - Paul de La Pierre, composer
- 1768 - Joseph Bonaparte, cyning Naples (d. 1844)
- 1800 - Millard Fillmore, 13a Foresittend þāra Geānlǣhtra Underrīca, from 1850-1853 (d. 1874)
- 1831 - Heinrich von Stephan, organizer of the Þēodisc postal union and founder of the Universal postal union (d. 1897)
- 1834 - Johann Philipp Reis, Þēodisc physicist and inventor (d. 1874)
- 1844 - Bernadette Soubirous, Frencisc hālge (d. 1879)
- 1871 - Felix Ēdouard Justin Ēmile Borel, mathematician, politician, statesmen, member of the Frencisc Resistance during World War II (d. 1956)
- 1873 - Adolph Zukor, Hungarisc producer (d. 1976)
- 1875 - Thomas Hicks, Americanisc marathon runner (d. 1963)
- 1890 - Henny Porten, actress (d. 1960)
- 1891 - Zora Neale Hurston, Americanisc author (d. 1960)
- 1896 - Arnold Ridley, Britisc plegƿyrhta and scēaƿere (d. 1984)
- 1898 - Rudolf Fernau, actor (d. 1985)
- 1899 - Francis Poulenc, Frencisc composer (d. 1963)
- 1908 - Red Allen, Americanisc jazz musician (d. 1967)
- 1910 - Orval Faubus, Governor of Arkansas, segregationist (d. 1994)
- 1911 - Butterfly McQueen, Americanisc actress (d. 1995)
- 1912 - Charles Addams, Americanisc cartoonist (d. 1988)
- 1912 - Günther Wand, conductor
- 1915 - Erwin Wickert, narrator
- 1916 - Paul Keres, Estonisc chess player (d. 1975)
- 1922 - Jean-Pierre Rampal, Frencisc flutist (d. 2000)
- 1923 - Pinkas Braun, actor and film director
- 1925 - Gerald Durrell Britisc naturalist, zookeeper, author and television presenter (d. 1995)
- 1928 - William Peter Blatty, Americanisc screenwriter
- 1934 - Charlie Jenkins, Americanisc runner
- 1935 - Valeri Kubasov, cosmonaut
- 1942 - Paul Revere, Americanisc singer and musician
- 1943 - Sadako Sasaki, Japanese atom bomb victim
- 1948 - Kenny Loggins, Americanisc singer
- 1950 - Erin Gray, Americanisc actress
- 1956 - David Caruso, Americanisc actor
- 1957 - Nicholson Baker, Americanisc novelist
- 1957 - Katie Couric, Americanisc television host
- 1957 - Julian Solis, Puerto Rican boxer
- 1964 - Nicolas Cage, Americanisc actor
- 1971 - David Yost, Americanisc actor
- 1976 - Ēric Gagnē, Canadisc baseball pitcher
- 1976 - Alfonso Soriano, Dominican baseball player
- 1977 - Dustin Diamond, Americanisc actor
- 312 - Lucianus of Antioch, theologist/halga
- 1325 - Cyning Dinis of Portugal (b. 1261)
- 1536 - Catherine of Aragon, Cƿēn Englalandes (b. 1485)
- 1864 - Caleb Blood Smith, U.S. Secretary of the Interior (b. 1808)
- 1872 - James Fisk, Americanisc entrepreneur (b. 1834)
- 1893 - Jožef Stefan, Slovene physicist, mathematician and poet (b. 1835)
- 1920 - Edmund Barton, ǣrost Forma Minister Australian (b. 1849)
- 1943 - Nikola Tesla, Serbian-born inventor, electrical engineer (b. 1856)
- 1972 - John Berryman, Americanisc poet (b. 1914)
- 1988 - Trevor Howard, Englisc actor (b. 1913)
- 1989 - Hirohito, Emperor of Japan (b. 1901)
- 1990 - Bronko Nagurski, American fōtball star (b. 1908)
- 1995 - Murray Rothbard, Americanisc economist (b. 1926)
- 1998 - Vladimir Prelog, Croatisc chemist (b.1906)
- 2002 - Avery Schreiber, actor (b. 1935)
Symbeldagas and observancesĀdihtan
- Catholicism - Symbeldæg Hālga Raymond Penafortes.
- Crīstesmæsse Dæg in þǣm Juliscan gerīmbēċ. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in many Eastern Orthodox churches, e.g. the Coptic Orthodox, Macedonian Orthodox, Serbian Orthodox, Russian Orthodox, Anthiochian Orthodox as well as the Greek Orthodox Church in Athens & Egypt.
|Se æfterra Gēola | Solmōnaþ | Hrēþmōnaþ | Ēastermōnaþ | Þrimilcemōnaþ | Sēremōnaþ | Mǣdmōnaþ | Ƿēodmōnaþ | Hāligmōnaþ | Ƿinterfylleþ | Blōtmōnaþ | Gēolmōnaþ|