Wikipǣdia:Gecorene gemynddagas/12 Blotmonað
Bryce AN biliþ on ælc cyrre
|1927 – Leon Trotsky was expelled from the Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in undisputed control of the Soviet Union.||refimprove sections|
|1948 – The International Military Tribunal for the Far East sentenced former Prime Minister of Japan Hideki Tojo and other military and government officials from the former Empire of Japan to death for committing war crimes during World War II.||unreferenced section|
|1993 – President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev issued a decree "about introducing national currency of Republic of Kazakhstan", leading to the establishment of the Kazakhstani tenge three days later.||refimprove|
|2001 – American Airlines Flight 587 crashed into residential buildings five minutes after takeoff from John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York, killing a total of 265 people.||refimprove section|
|2006 – Although the Georgian government declared it illegal, South Ossetia held a referendum on independence, with about 99 percent of voters supporting to preserve the region's status as a de facto independent state.||quotefarm|
- 1892 – William Heffelfinger was paid $525 by the Allegheny Athletic Association, becoming the first professional American football player on record.
- 1912 – The bodies of Robert Falcon Scott and his companions were discovered, roughly eight months after their deaths during the ill-fated British Antarctic Expedition 1910.
- 1928 – Approximately 111 people, mostly women and children, died after the British ocean liner Bysen:SS was abandoned as it sank in the western Atlantic Ocean.
- 1942 – World War II: The Naval Battle of Guadalcanal, the decisive engagement in a series of naval battles between Allied and Japanese forces during the months-long Guadalcanal campaign in the Solomon Islands, began.
- 1944 – Second World War: The Royal Air Force sank the German battleship Tirpitz on the ninth attempt, resulting in about 1,000 deaths of the sailors on board.
- 1970 – The Oregon Highway Division unsuccessfully attempted to destroy a rotting beached sperm whale near Florence, Oregon, with explosives.
- 1991 – In Dili, East Timor, Indonesian forces opened fire on student demonstrators protesting the occupation of East Timor, killing at least 250 people.
- 1996 – A Saudi Arabian Airlines Boeing 747 and a Kazakhstan Airlines cargo plane collided in mid-air near New Delhi, killing 349 people.
- History of American football appears on November 6, so William Heffelfinger should not appear in the same year
12. dæg Blotmonðes:
- 1028 –Zoe (on biliðe) seo wæs eft Constantinopolis Caserin fange to rīce ǣ swa Romanos III Argyros Cwēn.
- 1330 – Under Basarabe I, Wallachisc þreat gewunnedon sige wiþ þæm Ungariscan here in ambush æt Posadan Beadwe.
- 1893 – Mortimer Durand, Elelanda Ambeht þæs Brittiscan Indea, and Abdur Rahman Khan, Afghana Brego, sealdon hiera handan on þǣm Durand Mǣrlīne Foremǣl, and staðoledon þone landgemæro se is nū se gemæro of Afghanistane mid Pacistane.
- 1936 – Se San Francisco–Oakland Byht Brycg, se hlencð San Francisco mid Oakland on Californie geond San Francisco Byht, opnede to bige.
- 1970 – Se 1970 Bhola cyclone fram landfeal on Ēastpacistanes sǣrīme (se is nū Bængladesc), and weard se cwealmbærosta sunnangydles cyclone in eallum stǣre, and þærof steafon ofer 300,000 menn.