12. Æfterran Gēolan
12 Æfterra Gēola is se twelfta dæg þæs gēares on þǣre Gregoriscan gerīmbēc. Heonan sind 353 belīfendra daga (354 in hlīepgēarum).
- 1528 - Gustav I Swēolandes wæs gebēagod cyninge Swēolandes.
- 1592 - Titus Andronicus first staged at the Rose Theatre.
- 1709 - Little Ice Age: Two-month freezing period ongann in Franclande - The coast of the Atlantic and Seine River freeze, crops fail and at least 24.000 Parisians die.
- 1773 - The first Colonial American museum open to the public is opened in Charleston, South Carolina.
- 1777 - Mission Santa Clara de Asīs is founded in what is now Santa Clara, California.
- 1838 - Tō losienne ēhtunge wiþ Mormonan, Joseph Smith, Jr. and his æfterfolgeras flugon of Ohion tō Missourin.
- 1866 - Royal Aeronautical Society is formed (London).
- 1875 - Kwang-su wearþ cāsere Cines.
- 1896 - H. L. Smith takes the first x-ray photograph.
- 1898 - Ito Hirobumi begins his third term as Forma Minister Iapanes.
- 1908 - A long-distance radio message is sent from the Eiffel Tower for the first time.
- 1915 - The Rocky Mountain National Park is formed by an act of U.S. Congress.
- 1915 - United States House of Representatives rejects proposal to give women the right to vote.
- 1926 - Freeman Gosden and Charles Correll premiere their radio program Sam 'n' Henry, a precursor to Amos 'n' Andy; possibly the first situation comedy.
- 1932 - Hattie W. Caraway becomes the first woman elected to the United States Senate.
- 1940 - Ōðru Woruldgūþ: Russland bombode byrig in Finnlande.
- 1942 - Foresittend Franklin Roosevelt creates the National War Labor Board.
- 1945 - Ōðru Woruldgūþ: Sēo Sofietas ongann a very large offensive in Eastern Europe wiþ þā Nazis.
- 1964 - Rebels in Zanzibar begin a revolt and later proclaim a republic.
- 1966 - Lyndon B. Johnson states that þā Geānlǣht Rīcu American should stay in Sūþ Fietnam until Communist aggression there is ended.
- 1966 - Batman the TV series debuts on ABC.
- 1969 - Super Bowl III: New York Jets upset the Baltimore Colts, 16-7.
- 1969 - Britisc rock band Led Zeppelin ālīesde his ǣrost record album, ēac Led Zeppelin gehāten.
- 1970 - Se selfhātte Republic Biafran in sūþēast Nigerian forlēt, ending þæt Nigerisc Ingefeoht.
- 1971 - All in the Family debuts on CBS.
- 1971 - Harrisburg Six: The Reverend Philip Berrigan and five others are indicted on charges of conspiring to kidnap Henry Kissinger and of plotting to blow up the heating tunnels of federal buildings in Washington, DC.
- 1976 - UN Security Council votes 11-1 to allow the Palestinian Liberation Organization to participate in a Security Council debate (without voting rights).
- 1986 - Space shuttle Columbia takes-off with the first Hispanic-American astronaut, Dr. Franklin R. Chang-Diaz.
- 1991 - Persian Gulf War: An act of the U.S. Congress authorizes the use of military force to drive Iraq out of Kuwait.
- 1995 - Malcolm X's daughter, Qubilah Shabazz, is arrested for conspiring to kill Louis Farrakhan.
- 1998 - 19 Europisc nations agree to forbid human cloning.
- 1628 - Charles Perrault, folklorist (d. 1703)
- 1729 - Edmund Burke, statesman, philosopher (d. 1797)
- 1737 - John Hancock, statesman (d. 1793)
- 1746 - Johann Heinrich Pestalozzi, Swiss pedagogue (d. 1827)
- 1856 - John Singer Sargent, artist (d. 1925)
- 1863 - Swami Vivekananda, guru (d. 1902)
- 1873 - Spiridon Louis, Greek marathon runner (d. 1940)
- 1876 - Jack London, author (d. 1916)
- 1876 - Ermanno Wolf-Ferrari, composer (d. 1948)
- 1877 - Frank J. Corr, mayor of Chicago, IL (d. 1934)
- 1878 - Ferenc Molnār, wrītere (d. 1952)
- 1879 - Ray Harroun, first winner of the Indianapolis 500 (d. 1968)
- 1884 - Texas Guinan, vaudeville performer (d. 1933)
- 1893 - Hermann Göring, Nazi official (d. 1946)
- 1893 - Alfred Rosenberg, Nazi official (d. 1946)
- 1896 - Rex Ingram, director and actor (d. 1950)
- 1899 - Paul Hermann Müller, chemist, winner of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1948 (d. 1965)
- 1905 - Tex Ritter, actor, singer (d. 1974)
- 1908 - Jean Delannoy, film director
- 1910 - Luise Rainer, actress
- 1915 - Paul Jarrico, wrītere (d. 1997)
- 1916 - Pieter Willem Botha, Foresittend Sūþafrican
- 1923 - Ira Hayes, a Native American hero of Woruldgūþ II's Battle of Iwo Jima.
- 1926 - Ray Price, country music singer
- 1930 - Glenn Yarborough, singer, songwriter
- 1935 - Kreskin, mentalist
- 1944 - Joe Frazier, boxing champion
- 1946 - George Duke, musician
- 1949 - Wayne Wang, director
- 1950 - Sheila Jackson Lee, Americanisc politician
- 1951 - Kirstie Alley, actress
- 1951 - Rush Limbaugh, radio personality
- 1952 - Ricky Van Shelton, country musician
- 1954 - Howard Stern, "shock-jock" radio host
- 1955 - Rockne O'Bannon, writer, producer
- 1957 - John Lasseter, director, writer, animator
- 1959 - Blixa Bargeld, lead singer for Einstürzende Neubauten
- 1960 - Oliver Platt, actor
- 1964 - Jeff Bezos, Foresittend Amazon.com
- 1966 - Rob Zombie, musician, artist, writer
- 1970 - Zack de la Rocha, singer
- 1971 - Richard deCosta, composer
- 1980 - Bobby Crosby, baseball player
- 1981 - Quentin Griffin, Americanisc fōtball player
- 1982 - Dontrelle Willis, baseball pitcher
- 1519 - Maximilian I, Holy Roman Emperor (b. 1459)
- 1665 - Pierre de Fermat, mathematician and lawyer (b. 1601)
- 1674 - Giacomo Carissimi, Baroque era composer
- 1817 - Juan Andres, Spēonisc Iesuit (b. 1740)
- 1943 - Jan Campert, Niðerlandisc journalist and wrītere (b. 1902)
- 1960 - Nevil Shute, wrītere (b. 1899)
- 1965 - Lorraine Hansberry, wrītere
- 1976 - Agatha Christie, wrītere (b. 1890)
- 2001 - William Hewlett, cofounder of Hewlett-Packard (b. 1913)
- 2002 - Stanley Unwin, comedian
- 2002 - Cyrus Vance, former United States Secretary of State (1977-1980) (b. 1917)
- 2003 - Leopoldo Fortunato Galtieri, tictator Argentines (b. 1926)
- 2003 - Kinji Fukasaku, Iapanisc director (b. 1930)
- 2003 - Maurice Gibb, singer and bassist in the Bee Gees (b. 1949)
Symbeldagas and observancesAdiht
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL wearþ operational on 12 Æfterra Gēola. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, hē is "geboren" in 1992, ac in þǣm bēc by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurred in 1997.
11 Æfterra Gēola - 13 Æfterra Gēola - 12 Gēolmōnaþ - 12 Solmōnaþ -- Getalu ealra daga
|Æfterra Gēola | Solmōnað | Hrēðmōnað | Ēastermōnað | Þrimilcemōnað | Sēarmōnað | Mǣdmōnað | Wēodmōnað | Hāligmōnað | Winterfylleð | Blōtmōnað | Gēolmōnað|